Certificate of Public Health Admission Requirements
- Minimum GPAs preferred at or above a 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Successful completion of both the SOPHAS application and the SUNY Upstate Supplemental Application
- Within the SOPHAS Application, two essays are required:
- A personal statement of career goals and any experience as it applies to public health
- One public health essay; described in the application
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in an academic or professional capacity
- This does not include personal friends and family
- Official transcripts from all previous postsecondary courses
- Applicants who have completed all or part of their education abroad are required to have a course-by-course educational credential evaluation completed by an approved agency accredited by the World Education Services (www.wes.org.)
- If English is your second language, a minimum TOEFL of 600 written exam/250 CBT/100 IBT (revised 1/07) are preferred.
- Applicants with TOEFL scores between 580/237/92-93 and 600/250/100 may be considered for admission, but they will be required to complete an English Language Assessment Exam upon matriculation and may be recommended into English Language courses to be taken concurrently with their studies.
- College level biology course
- College level statistics course