https://students-residents.aamc.org/attending-medical-school/article/visiting-student-learning-opportunities/ Upstate Medical University accepts visiting students only from Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited medical schools and Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) accredited medical schools.
On a limited basis, students enrolled in non-LCME accredited or non-COCA accredited medical schools will be accepted only when an affiliation has been formalized between the two schools. The affiliation agreement must be approved by the Registrar and the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Medical Education at Upstate Medical University and will be restricted to programs with which Upstate Medical University has a meaningful relationship.
To be eligible to attend Upstate Medical University as a visiting student, you must:
- Be a fourth year medical student in good standing
- Have passed USMLE Step 1
- Provide proof of liability insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000 per incident and $3,000,000 aggregate
- Submit an official transcript
- Obtain health clearance through Upstates Student Health Office
- Affirm Upstate's Infection Control policies and the Affirmation Agreement (developing)
- Complete the Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete the HIPAA Privacy Rule Education and the Completion Certificate
- Submit a non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 per elective
Our course offerings and course dates are available in our Course Selection Book
Upstate participates as a host institution in the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) of the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC). To apply to Upstate, please submit your application through VSLO
For students enrolled in non-LCME accredited or non-COCA accredited medical schools affiliated with Upstate Medical University, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a visiting student application. Be sure to include your name and the name of the medical school in which you are enrolled.