Our total salary packages are highly competitive. We also offer generous benefits packages that are among the best in the New York area. And, our relatively low cost of living means that your money will go a long way when you consider beautiful yet affordable homes, excellent public schools and easily accessible recreation. Learn more about our benefits packages and human resources policies.
Benefits at a Glance
In addition to our highly competitive salaries, we offer benefits packages that are among the best in the New York area.
Faculty are paid, whole or in part, by The State University of New York (SUNY) or the Research Foundation of SUNY (RF), two separate employers. The benefits packages offered are comparable, with small differences.
Here is a general representation of the valuable benefits offered by both employers to faculty:
- A wide variety of health insurance options, with minimal cost sharing
- Employer-paid dental, vision, life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible spending account program
- Outstanding retirement programs
- Retirement savings programs
- Credit Union membership
- On-site day care and fitness facilities
- Employee assistance program
- Payroll deducted college savings program
- Outstanding time-off benefits including:
- 12 paid holidays each year
- 15 (RF) or 16 (SUNY) paid vacation days per year. Increases with time.
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Up to 6 month (RF) or 7 month (SUNY) leave of absence for birth or adoption of a child.