The following are recent first-author publications in books and professional journals by Upstate students. Doctoral students in the College of Graduate Studies who finished in 2011-2012, 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 published on average 4.4 publications (with 2.1 being first author) that are indexed on Pub Med. On average, these publications have been cited 26 times.
- Rebecca A. Sager et al. Detecting Posttranslational Modifications of Hsp90. Methods Mol Biol. 1709:209-219, 2018.
Student Publications of 2017
- Parisa Afshari et al. Reduced Slc1a1 expression is associated with neuroinflammation and impaired sensorimotor gating and cognitive performance in mice: Implications for schizophrenia. PLoS One Sep 8;12(9):e0183854, 2017.
- Subhrajit Banerjee and P.M. Kane. Direct interaction of the Golgi V-ATPase a-subunit isoform with PI(4)P drives localization of Golgi V-ATPases in yeast. Mol Biol Cell 15;28(19):2518-2530, 2017.
- Christopher M. Bartlow et al. PTH(1-34) and zoledronic acid have differing longitudinal effects on juvenile mouse femur strength and morphology. J Orthop Res. 35(8):1707-1715, 2017.
- Saptarshi Biswas et al. Laminin-Dependent Interaction between Astrocytes and Microglia: A Role in Retinal Angiogenesis. Am J Pathol. 187(9):2112-2127, 2017.
- Maria Camargo Moreno et al. Heterogeneity of p53 dependent genomic responses following ethanol exposure in a developmental mouse model of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. PLoS One 12(7):e0180873, 2017.
- Erica G. Colicino et al. Gravin regulates centrosome function through PLK1. Mol Biol Cell. [Epub ahead of print]
- Liam P. Coyne and X.J. Chen. mPOS is a novel mitochondrial trigger of cell death - implications for neurodegeneration. FEBS Lett. [Epub ahead of print]
- Karen I. Cyndari et al. Peri-Implant Distribution of Polyethylene Debris in Postmortem-Retrieved Knee Arthroplasties: Can Polyethylene Debris Explain Loss of Cement-Bone Interlock in Successful Total Knee Arthroplasties? J Arthroplasty 32(7):2289-2300, 2017.
- Natela Dushukyan et al. Phosphorylation and Ubiquitination Regulate Protein Phosphatase 5 Activity and Its Prosurvival Role in Kidney Cancer. Cell Rep. 21(7):1883-1895, 2017.
- Avik Dutta et al. Hmga2 promotes the development of myelofibrosis in Jak2V617F knock-in mice by enhancing TGF-β1 and Cxcl12 pathways. Blood 130(7):920-932, 2017.
- Ivayla I Geneva et al. Untangling ciliary access and enrichment of two rhodopsin-like receptors using quantitative fluorescence microscopy reveals cell-specific sorting pathways. Mol Biol Cell 15;28(4):554-566, 2017.
- Gregory J. Goreczny et al. Hic-5 remodeling of the stromal matrix promotes breast tumor progression. Oncogene 36(19):2693-2703, 2017.
- Matthew Gumbleton et al. Dual enhancement of T and NK cell function by pulsatile inhibition of SHIP1 improves antitumor immunity and survival. Sci Signal. Oct 10;10(500), 2017
- Dandan Guo et al.Riboflavin-containing telodendrimer nanocarriers for efficient doxorubicin delivery: High loading capacity, increased stability, and improved anticancer efficacy. Biomaterials 141:161-175, 2017.
- Shangdong Guo and H. Lu. Conjunction of potential G-quadruplex and adjacent cis-elements in the 5' UTR of hepatocyte nuclear factor 4-alpha strongly inhibit protein expression. Sci Rep. 12;7(1):17444, 2017.
- Anna Hegsted et al. Inverted formins: A subfamily of atypical formins. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) [Epub ahead of print]
- Jonathan Hess et al. Why is there selective subcortical vulnerability in ADHD? Clues from postmortem brain gene expression data. Mol Psychiatry [Epub ahead of print]
- Ashleigh J. Jackobel et al. Breaking the mold: structures of the RNA polymerase I transcription complex reveal a new path for initiation. Transcription [Epub ahead of print]
- Andrew E. Jacob et al. Paxillin genes and actomyosin contractility regulate myotome morphogenesis in zebrafish. Dev Biol 425(1):70-84, 2017.
- Fatoumata Jobe et al. Deletion of Ptpn1 induces myeloproliferative neoplasm. Leukemia 31(5):1229-1234, 2017.
- Joshua M. Karchin et al. Small Molecule-Induced Domain Swapping as a Mechanism for Controlling Protein Function and Assembly. Sci Rep. 7: 44388, 2017.
- Dawn B. Lammert et al. The de novo Autism Spectrum Disorder RELN R2290C Mutation Reduces Reelin Secretion and Increases Protein Disulfide Isomerase Expression. J Neurochem. 142(1):89-102, 2017.
- Kelly Ledford et al. Distinct cis-acting regions control six6 expression during eye field and optic cup stages of eye formation. Dev Biol. 426(2):418-428, 2017.
- Megan Lloyd et al. Targeting the alternative sigma factor RpoN to combat virulence in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Sci Rep. 7(1):12615, 2017.
- Samuel J. Mackenzie et al. Cauda equina repair in the rat: Part 3. Axonal regeneration across Schwann cell seeded collagen foam. Muscle Nerve [Epub ahead of print]
- Matthew R. Miller et al. Non-canonical activity of the podosomal formin FMNL1γ supports immune cell migration. J Cell Sci. 130(10):1730-1739, 2017.
- Scott B. Minchenberg and Paul T. Massa. The control of oligodendrocyte bioenergetics by interferon-gamma (IFN-γ) and Src homology region 2 domain-containing phosphatase-1 (SHP-1). J Neuroimmunol. [Epub ahead of print]
- Amber M. Papillion et al. Early derivation of IgM memory cells and bone marrow plasmablasts. PLoS One 12(6):e0178853, 2017.
- Jameson Patak et al. SLC9A9 Co-expression modules in autism-associated brain regions. Autism Res. 10(3):414-429, 2017.
- Petya D. Radoeva et al. Longitudinal study of cerebral surface morphology in youth with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome, and association with positive symptoms of psychosis. J Child Psychol Psychiatry 58(3):305-314, 2017.
- Md. Mamunur Rashid et al. Neural-specific deletion of the focal adhesion adaptor protein paxillin slows migration speed and delays cortical layer formation. Development [Epub ahead of print]
- Rebecca Sager et al. Tumor suppressor Tsc1 is a new Hsp90 co-chaperone that facilitates folding of kinase and non-kinase clients. EMBO J. [Epub ahead of print]
- Karin M. Schneider et al. The influence of macrophage growth factors on Theiler's Murine Encephalomyelitis Virus (TMEV) infection and activation of macrophages. Cytokine [Epub ahead of print]
- Stuti Sharma and S. Wilkens. Biolayer Interferometry of Lipid Nanodisc-Reconstituted Yeast Vacuolar H+ -ATPase. Protein Sci. 26(5):1070-1079, 2017.
- Nicholas J. Stam and S. Wilkens. Structure of Nanodisc Reconstituted Vacuolar ATPase Proton Channel: Definition of the Interaction of Rotor and Stator and Implications for Enzyme Regulation by Reversible Dissociation. J Biol Chem. 292(5):1749-1761, 2017.
- Patrick Sweeney et al. Appetite suppressive role of medial septal glutamatergic neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. [Epub ahed of print]
- Patrick Sweeney and Y. Yang. HFD-induced energy states-dependent bidirectional control of anxiety levels in mice. Int J Obes (Lond) 41(8):1237-1245, 2017.
- Patrick Sweeney and Y. Yang. Neural Circuit Mechanisms Underlying Emotional Regulation of Homeostatic Feeding. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 28(6):437-448, 2017.
- Daniel S. Tylee et al. Machine-learning classification of 22q11.2 deletion syndrome: A diffusion tensor imaging study. Neuroimage Clin 15:832-842, 2017.
- Daniel S. Tylee et al. Blood transcriptomic comparison of individuals with and without autism spectrum disorder: A combined-samples mega-analysis. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 174(3):181-201, 2017.
- Swetha Devi Velivela and PM Kane. Compensatory Internalization of Pma1 in V-ATPase Mutants in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Requires Calcium- and Glucose-Sensitive Phosphatases. Genetics. [Epub ahead of print]
- Eric M. Wohlford et al. Changes in tonsil B cell phenotypes and EBV receptor expression in children under 5 years old. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mark Zarella and D. Ts’o. Contextual modulation revealed by optical imaging exhibits figural asymmetry in macaque V1 and V2. Eye Brain 9:1-12, 2017.