Educational Benefits for UUP Represented Employees
UUP Chapter Directory: Contact Information
UUP Employee Course Tuition Waiver
Website: UUP Educational Benefits
Location: Room 200 (2nd Floor), Campus Activities Building
Phone: (315) 464-5148
Fax: (315) 464-4648
Window Hours: Monday-Friday,8:30 AM-4:25 PM
This program waives full tuition expenses for credit coursework taken on either a credit or audit basis at 4-year SUNY institutions. Fees other than tuition are not covered and are the responsibility of the employee. Courses under this program are offered on a space available basis, determined by SUNY, and employees must meet all course prerequisites. Employees in the Professional Services Negotiating Unit (PSNU) may enroll in a maximum of one (1) course per semester and/or special session (e.g., summer session) under this program.
UUP Tuition Waiver Form Before filling out this form, please check with the school you are applying to as they may require a form through their Bursar's office.After completing the form:
- Obtain the required signature from the Human Resources Department
- Once signed, make two (2) additional copies
- Keep one (1) copy for your own records
- One (1) copy goes to the Bursar's Office at the school you will be attending
- One (1) copy goes to the Registrar's Office at the school you will be attending
*See also Application for Waiver of Tuition and Health Related Tuition Assistance at UUP Educational Benefits
NYS/UUP JLMC Individual Development Awards
As of 8/20/14, allocations for Individual Development Awards are currently being distributed to campuses. These allocations are for activities taking place during the period July 2, 2014 - July 1, 2015. Application dates TBA.
The Individual Development Awards Program is designed to support a variety of professional development projects or activities by assisting eligible employees to develop their full professional potential and to prepare for advancement.
All decisions pertaining to awarding funds are at the discretion of the program committee and are pursuant to the committee guidelines and subject to the availability of funds.
NYS/UUP JLMC Online Self-Study and Instructor Lead Courses
A series of courses available at no cost to employees who would like to further their professional development.
Website: UUP Scholarships
- UUP College Scholarship Fund: Provides funding aid to both undergraduate and post baccalaureate students attending SUNY campuses.
- The Robert G. Porter Scholars Program: Funded through The American Federation of Teachers (AFT). Programs are available for both UUP bargaining unit members and their dependents.